Saturday, November 24, 2007



I made these yesterday, a really easy recipe called Boiled Fruit Loaf, you just put water, sugar, spices, and dried fruit in a saucepan and then bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then you let it cool, then add your dry ingredients, mix and bake for 45 minutes. It is better to leave it to cool before slicing, but sometimes you can't wait.
Had a busy day today, weather has been fine and warm, walked to the library this morning and picked up some books that I had on reserve. Walking back with a full pack wasn't quite so enjoyable. I've made bread today, and some quiche for my DH to take to work for his lunch tomorrow.
Yesterday I moved some bush bean plants and zucchini, I think I had planted them too close together, they are still quite small, and this morning they are standing up and not drooping at all. Our garden is a bit of trial and error at the moment, it is only quite small (so far) and it is a learning experience. I have planted silver beet, lazy housewife climbing beans, bush beans, zucchini, basil and chives, and there are some sprouting broccoli that I have cut back. I pulled all the lettuce out yesterday as it has all bolted with the warm weather. I kept some for salad sandwiches this week. We did all right out of the lettuce as they were all self sown from last year.

No comments: