Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pot Sticker Dumplings






I made these on Sunday, the recipe calls them Pot-stickers, and I make up heaps and freeze them so I can use them for quick meals instead of getting takeaway.



They are basically:

500g (about) pork or chicken mince

1 bunch garlic chives (can use bok choy) finely chopped

garlic and ginger minced


1 tsp sesame oil 1 tb soy sauce

salt and pepper (I use Szechuan salt and pepper mix I made myself)

1 big packet of Gowgee wrappers

Mix all together and put teaspoonfuls onto the wrappers, then brush with a wet pastry brush round the edge (just half will do) then fold in half, press together and then pleat the edges up.

Then I freeze them on trays lined with freezer wrap, (which can be washed and reused many times) then put them in containers.

To cook: heat a frying pan (non stick preferred) over medium heat, put a drizzle of peanut oil in and then drop the pot-stickers in and brown on each side, they only take a couple of minutes, then add 1/2 c of water and put the lid on. Let cook for 4-5 minutes and then enjoy.

I usually serve with steamed vegs and a dipping sauce (ketjap manis or sweet chilli sauce) or another sauce which I make when I have more time.

You can cook them from fresh made or from frozen, they take a little longer from frozen but are still way quicker and cheaper than going to get takeaway.

They can also be steamed in a bamboo steamer or cooked in boiling water or stock.

This recipe came from a cookbook called - chow down & chill out, fast Asian recipes for busy people by Jennifer Yee

No comments: