Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Some knitting I have been doing



I got this wool at Spotlight a couple of weekends ago, I really liked the colours in the hank and it said buy me, I had no idea what I would make but there was a pattern on the label for a scarf, so I decided to knit that. It knits up really quickly and I finished the hank but the scarf wasn't long enough, so I re-read the pattern and it had 1 x 100g hank, so I looked at the label and it said 50g !! You would think that the pattern would say 2 x 50g hanks wouldn't you? Anyway, not to worry, I just dropped in at Spotlight and got another 2 hanks, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't get the same batch and dye lot, but even though I went to a different shop it was the same batch and dye lot. So my scarf grows, it is quite heavy and I think I will have to block it as it has a tendency to curl up, it also has uneven edges probably due to the wool having thin bits and thick bits (I don't know what you call this type of yarn, my mother who knits a lot probably would, so if you are reading this Mum, you can comment if you know)

No comments: