Friday, April 25, 2008

Living simply

Rhonda over at http://www.down---to---earth.blogspot.com/has asked her readers to give a description of what our lives are and how we live. This is mine;

I have been inspired by several of the blogs that I have found over the past year or so. About two years ago I felt unhappy with the way we were living our life. I knew there were changes we could make. These are just some of them:

Starting a compost bin, this has really reduced the amount of rubbish we put in the bin.

Stop accepting plastic bags, cloth bags go everywhere with us so we are never caught out.

Start a small veggie garden and grow some of the things that we would normally buy.

My WH put up a clothesline under the roof in our outdoor living area, now I can hang the washing out and not have to worry about it getting wet. I still also use my Hills hoist.
Instead of buying cleaning products I now make my own, I also make my own laundry liquid.

I did a major de-clutter of the house, selling furniture and giving away a lot of "stuff" that was excess to our needs.

Using a mooncup instead of buying tampons, pads etc, the money saved in 3 months has paid for it.


I already made bread, and cooked all our meals from scratch. I have been making pickles and chutney, the only thing holding me back from making more is a lack of jars.

Started sewing again and even knitted a few dishcloths.

I feel a lot more content and in control of our life now.

1 comment:

Rhonda Jean said...

Thanks for taking part and sharing your story with us. I love your garden!