Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wild Weather

A rather large hot cross bun loaf that I made on Saturday

Today has been really windy, plenty of leaves and bark falling off the trees, and also several tree branches falling down (but not near us). There has been a bit of rain but I think the wind is drying out the ground fairly fast.


I took a look at my garden this morning when I went to empty the compost bucket. My NZ spinach seedlings are growing well. I planted them in 3 separate spots around the garden and they have all taken off, now I will have to make sure I keep the area around them weeded.


We went and got groceries this morning, over the last few weeks we have been spending less at the supermarket, I think it is because I am really thinking about needing as opposed to wanting something. We are not spending any more money at the market , in fact last Friday I came home with $25 in my wallet. The last 6 weeks I have been writing down everything we spend and it is a bit of an eye-opener, it should make it easier to budget come the end of June when we will be cutting back on the number of jobs we do in our business. I am really looking forward to having a bit of extra time.


We also had our flu vaccinations this morning, usually we don't bother till May but this year they had a waiting list at the pharmacy as they were waiting for the vaccine to come in and I guess they wanted an idea of how much to order. We have been having the flu vaccine for the past 5 years, it is a good idea, especially when you work for yourself, as if you get sick then who is going to do the work (Mr Nobody??)

A loaf of the New York sourdough style bread that I made on Saturday

No comments: