Saturday, May 17, 2008

Raining

It rained quite a bit yesterday, before we left for work we had 20mm, in less than 4 hours. My DH emptied out the raingauge and I have yet to venture outside to check it this morning. I don't have much planned for today other than the usual you know, housework, cooking etc. When the weather is like this the only thing I really feel like doing is reading or pottering around and not doing much at all. But, there are things that need doing and I got up early so I could get them done and then have the rest of the day free.

I can hear the rain on the roof, quite gentle at the moment, yesterday it came down so hard and fast that the gutters couldn't cope and overflowed (they had been cleaned out 2 days ago). the creek running through the Botanic Gardens was nearly overflowing when we were there yesterday afternoon and I couldn't help thinking that it was such a waste, all the water was just going into the Torrens river and then out to sea. The State government really need to do something about harvesting this water, after all we keep getting told that South Australia is the driest state in the driest country, and instead they are going to build a desalination plant which will use more energy than a plant that will recycle (I don't know if that is the right word) storm water and sewage. Apparently Singapore drinks a large proportion of recycled water, I never noticed any difference in the water quality or taste when I was living there.

This blogging isn't getting any work done, so I'm off.

No comments: