Friday, May 23, 2008

An unproductive week

The post title says it all really. I have done very little apart from the usual cleaning, cooking housework and things that must be done. Although I have finished reading a book so you could say that is productive. The book called Out, is by Natsuo Kirino, a Japanese writer and has been translated from Japanese. It is a mystery novel, a story of random violence in the staid Tokyo suburbs, about a young mother who strangles her husband and then seeks the help of her co-workers to dispose of the body and cover up her crime. I really enjoyed it, some parts are quite humorous in a dark sort of way. Today I'm going to make a start on Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.

The weather forecast is for fine weather this weekend, so a good chance for me to get out into the garden and plant a few seeds. I'm having a freezer cleanout as well so we are eating all the frozen casseroles and bits of soup that are lurking in there.

No comments: